The “SDC-Series” was intended for mechanical and electronic machinery stationed indoors that may be exposed to dust, dirt, oil, harmful contaminants and other liquids.
The “SDC-Series” was made with a #4, stainless steel brushed finish, carbon Steel housing and doors (304-316L), ANSI 61 gray powder paint, a powder paint over phosphate surface, and optional mounting panel.
Enclosure bodies and covers are 14 gauge carbon steel External mounting bracket Captive, plated cover Screws in cover.
NEMA-rated 12 enclosures are intended mainly for indoor industrial, manufacturing, and machining applications.
Nema Type 12 steel enclosures will protect against dust, dirt, and dripping non-corrosive liquids, oil and lubricants. Steeline Enclosures produces a number of enclosure types in stainless steel, delivered quickly, to your exact specifications, at competitive prices.
NEMA 12 Characteristics:
- Primarily for industrial indoor use
- Protection against dust, falling dirt, fibers and lint
- Protection from dripping water and other noncorrosive liquids
- Resistant to damage from external condensation of noncorrosive liquids
- Doors with oil-resistant gaskets
- Available with pre-punched holes, cutouts, lift-off hinges, insulation, latches or locks
Constructed (without knockouts) for indoor use, type 12 Nema-rated containers provide a degree of protection to personnel against access to hazardous parts. Gasketed doors seal the enclosure’s contents from airborne contaminants and non-pressurized water and oil.
*The SDC Type 12 Desktop Series was also recommended for access systems without computer management capability.